Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Persol® PO2953S Tortoise Shell Sunglasses = Throw Shade If Y.O.U. Must.



Available Online Here: Dreamshades.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: After a drawn out Spring season that has pump-faked with 90 degree weather since April, I feel confident in saying that Summer is almost officially here. As I type this missive, I stare out upon a bustling cityscape full of green trees, blossoming folliage and more than a few confused people whom, much like myself, look as if Summer 2010 kind of snuck up on them ... lol.

We've ALL been here before.

We wear lighter materials that get stretched out and lighter colors that can be magnets for more than a few BBQ sauce and cranberry juice and vodka stains throughout the course of the backyard party season. Sure, Y.O.U. wash your threads - you're civilized - but come September, Y.O.U. tuck away your lounge gear and, by the time that Y.O.U. retrieve them the next year, 95% of your Summer layout is a dusty, wrinkled mess of ill-fitting garments that one could hardly fathom having ever worn in the 1st place. Yes, especially for the fellas, Summer clothing can have a ridiculously short lifespan.

While I shall remain forever partial to disposable basic white t-shirts for my Summer stock, there are, however, some long term fashion investments that a man of mode should make - a good pair of sunnies is 1 such stellar purchase. As always, I like to fly a middle finger in the face of feckless trends in favor of pieces that exhibit enduring style and recently these brilliant Persol® PO2953S Tortoise Shell Sunglasses caught my eye.

Although I L.O.V.E. the tried-and-true "Aviator" style frame, lately I have been looking to experiment with some different eyewear silhouettes. The square, medium build of these frames look like they could work for the kid, but, what really struck me was the classic tortoise shell pattern.

The amber hued, intricate detail of the tortoise shell print has always looked all college-professory to me, but the sleek frame on these polarized lenses accompanied by exquiste accents along the hinges make these Italian made bad boys all contemporary Milan. Intrinsic class and elegance indeed. Persol® might just be new go-to sunnies brand yall ... Y.O.U. heard it here 1st! Gucci is good, shit, @ times even great, but Y.O.U. should never want to look like everybody else in the hood. Trust me, you've spent $154 on a lot worse. Explore more.

No comments: