Friday, October 1, 2010

The Brand New Hype Means Nothing Kate Moss x Grace Jones T-Shirts = Crooks & Castles For Adults.


"The Parisian brand is back with two new t-shirts, this time featuring two ladies – Kate Moss and Grace Jones. Both t-shirts come in white and grey and are now available from colette."

Information Courtesy Of: Highsnobiety.Com


Available Online Here: Buymeansnothing.Com x Colette.FR


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Although the institution of Livestyle serves as an aggregator and promoter of good taste, I am not a one man fashion filter. I would be nothing without my sources. As an artist, I can and do find inspiration in some of the most random of circumstances, but, I rely heavily upon close friends and family to serve as my multi-cultural collective muse.

Anyway, upon returning from his most recent trip gallivanting abroad, the homie Hoya "Korean Barbecue King" Chung, hipped me to this brand Hype Means Nothing. The introduction was quite simple - as all aesthetic awakenings should be. Young H.O. showed up to the crib rocking a Hype Means Nothing Biggie t-shirt. I liked it. I asked him, "Who makes this shit?". I yanked my BlackBerry from my pocket. I Googled away! LOL.

Now, while online information regarding the history of this burgeoning brand is scarce, I can definitively tell Y.O.U. that this ironically named (NOTE: Because this shit is pretty much ALL hype ... lol) cheeky chic French streetwear label has made a mint selling iconic pictures of celebrities making - I shit Y.O.U. not - eyeglasses over their faces out of presumably Adobe® Photoshop®ped hands! Yes, THIS is what Y.O.U. pay for! Whatever. LOL.

A Milky Way of luminaries from the past and present have already been immortalized by the good people @ Hype Means Nothing with "hand glasses" such as Beyonce, Andy Warhol, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Lil Wayne, Homer Simpson (DOH!), Jay-Z and Brad Pitt. Now, it's Kate Moss and Grace Jones's turn.

Available online @ both Hype Means Nothing and the WholeFoods® Market superstore of French cooldom, Colette, this basic shirts makes a big statement. Get Y.O.U. some. Good shit!

No comments: