Tuesday, March 20, 2012

#NP: Mobb Deep (Havoc) Ft. Tragedy Khadafi - The First Day Of Spring


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: "Word is bond, 'cause I been doing this too long to let you newborn thugs try to come on strong ..." - Tragedy Khadafi AKA "The Foul Mahdi"

Y.O.U. see the title of this 1996 bootleg banger ... I had to post it! Biz Markie's "Spring Again" is most certainly a certified classic, however, such a predictable and uninspired musical pairing for this post in recognition of this much welcomed season would reek of willful negligence on my part. Nope, I can't and I won't do it. Yall already know I aint with the sucker shit ... quality reigns supreme. Now, where my Livestyle Ladies with the pretty pedicured toes @ my nigga? Spring is here!




P.ost S.cript:
Oh yeah, and whereas longtime Livestyle readers are somewhat familiar with my rich New York City pulp NONfiction street lineage, I also additionally have a great many stories surrounding my personal relationship to this Hip Hop thing of ours as well ... and Tragedy Khadafi played a relatively small, but very significant part in the evolution of Livestyle. But, we'll get into all of those exciting early music industry internship tales some other time ... lol.

No comments: