Monday, August 16, 2010

Since "No One Man Should Have All This Power", Kanye West Has Decided To Share Some With Kobe Bryant, Mos Def x Swizz Beatz.


"Kobe helped me finish my #POWER ®emix verse … Just building on the concept of #POWE[R]… and Mos helped me find the “old me” lyrically

Saturday afternoon looking at Pantone charts … Designing costumes for my album movie Dark Twisted Fantasy… Heading to Eastern Europe

Listening to “Fancy” … This is a big statement but Swizz Beats may be the best rap producer of all time… fuck that… he is"

Spotted Online Here: Realtalkny.Net


Information Courtesy Of: Twitter.Com/Kanyewest


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Over the weekend Kanye West took to Twitter to announce his remix to "Power" and the powerful line up of co-conspirators enlisted for the job. Even though the inclusion of Kobe Bryant is questionable @ best (NOTE: And I sincerely hope that his being in this studio session was strictly limited to showing off his 5th NBA Championship Ring and lending moral support to the artists in attendance because, as we all know, he is as b-a-d @ rapping as he is amazing @ playing hoops), I am excited to hear what Mos Def and Swizz Beatz bring to the table for this joint.

In related alternate reality based Twitterverse news, Mr. West Mr. West also decided to declare Swizz Beatz "the best rap producer of all time". Really?

Listen, I fux with Swizz "Kat Stacks Looks Like Me In Drag" Beatz (NOTE: I too L.O.V.E. that Drake "You Fancy" record), but is he the greatest of ALL of the many talented audio architects to EVER grace the luscious soundscape that is Hip Hop music? Ummmmmm, NO. As usual, Kanye West can take things a bit too far, but I aint tripping homie ... lol. In this hyper-competitve game it's nice to hear another rapper/producer praise 1 of his peers ... it's healthy for us as a culture. Do ya thing my nigga. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: