Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Clae "McQueen" Sneaker For Fall 2010 = A More Mature Mold.




"Clae is going from strength to strength. Their high top McQueen sneaker returns for Fall 2010 in a beautiful wool option in two colorways. Leather details set some nice accents, giving the sneaker a great overall balance."


Information Courtesy Of: Highsnobiety.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Ladies and gentlemen of Livestyle, please come close and lend me your ears (NOTE: Yes, for internet article purposes the argument can be made that I should have said, "eyes", but, fuck that! Quit trying to steal my poetic thunder ... lol) and let me tell Y.O.U. a tale about a stubborn man named ME! LOL. My fashion forward urges regularly do battle with my genetically predisposed favor of good taste. My personal style is often a carefully threaded needle of casual string through the unforgiving eye of stylized elitism. Yes, I can be somewhat of a fashion snob ... lol.

I am not the easiest person to impress.

However, that having been established, when I do come across anything, in this case a burgeoning sneaker brand, that pushes the P.entH.ouse elevator button to my gilded heart, I must immediately investigate this new curiousity. To be sure, the Clae sneaker label has been on my radar for quite some time, but I regarded them as little more than a 2 or 3 season Trendoid habadasher that would run it's course in short order. So much for knee-jerk reactions.

Upon researching this popular boutique footwear line I was pleasantly surprised to find out that, Sung Choi, the man behind the Clae mold, is an Old New York veteran. I knew that there was something more here. Having started out with P.N.B. Nation in the early 1990's (NOTE: An upside down pig logoed pioneer streetwear company whose initials could mean anything from P.roud N.ubian B.rothers to P.ost N.o B.ills), I now tip my fitted cap to this man and his evolved sneaker collections of reputable pedigree. I've definitely got my eye on the Clae "McQueen" Sneaker for Fall 2010.

Typical of most Clae creations this full bodied wool body and leather accented classic British Clarks® (NOTE: Very popular amongst the rudebwoy set right about now. Yuh done know!) inspired sneaker successfully blends elements of shoes, luxury sneakers and straight up athletic kicks to create a formula all it's very own (Translation: In a pair of these bad boys, Y.O.U. can get into that nice club that still over does it with the whole "bottle service" bullshit in 2010 without having to bust out your church shoes ... lol). Get your grown man on without looking like grandpa this season ... lol. Good shit!

No comments: