Monday, December 27, 2010

Global Warming? Says Who? *Cue Monday Night Football Intro Voice* "Are You Ready For Some Snowballs!"


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As I survey my vast Brooklyn kingdom from snow flanked windows, I begin to question the role that global warming plays in modern life.

My brother-from-another-mother one Ojae FYC, whilst certainly an outlaw and Libertarian, does exhibit a conservative streak that makes him call all of this global warming talk crappola. Why? Because ice ages have come and gone and sea levels have risen and fell all on their own thousands of years before the American Industrial Revolution OR, later still, Funkmaster Flex introduced his SUV loving "Big Truck Series" of mixtapes in 2001.

My man does have a point.

Nevertheless, as each our individual carbon footprints have grown to take on gargantuan Shaquille O'Neal-like shoe size proportions, I find it kind of hard to believe that ALL of this man-made pollution has no affect whatsoever on our planet.

New York City's Channel 1 (NOTE: "Always on cable. Never on FiOS" ... lol. That's an NYC 5 borough inside joke) just brought it to my attention that during the entire 1980's we only experienced 1 extreme snow storm of 16 inches or better. Leaving the 1st decade of the 2000's we have already seen 6 such storms ... not to mention the 3 tornadoes that hit New York! What!? Shit is bugged out. Oh yeah, they're also already forecasting that it's going to be around 50 degrees on New Year's Eve. Post yesterday's 20 inch blizzard. A week from right now. Feel me?

So, guess what? I win this "global warming/no global warming" argument by default - Ojae FYC is not here to defend himself AND this is my blog. LOL. Anyway, it is what it is. I've got some shoveling to do. Please pass the salt.

No comments: